More Types of Green Cards

There are 4 different types of green cards. The US DV Program is one of them. The other 3 types of green cards are discussed below. All of them have different procedures and different requirements.

  • Family-Sponsored Green Cards

    This type of green card can be obtained by individuals with close family members living in the USA. There is a limitation to this green card that will be provided to you if you have an immediate family member living in the USA, such as Siblings, Spouses, Children, or Parents. If you do not fall into this category of relationships, then you will have to look for other types of green cards.

  • Employment Sponsored Green Cards

    You can get this green card if you found a job in the USA from your hometown. You can apply for a green card. Your employer will sponsor your green card. It means that he will be the one responsible for paying for your forms and application procedures. He will sponsor your stay in the US. If you obtained the employment-based green card, then you will be bound to that employer and won’t be allowed to leave the company until your contract is completed with that employer. Once the contract is over and your sponsorship conditions are fulfilled, only then will you be allowed to find a different job with a different employer.

  • Returning Resident Green Card

    This green card is for those people who were previously green card holders but for some reason, they left the US and didn’t get a chance to come back within a year. Either they were detained in any other country or were not allowed to come back for cultural and family reasons. In either case, they have to provide solid proof and reason why they didn’t come back, and there is plenty of paperwork that needs to be done.

  • Green Card as a Special Immigrant

    An extraordinary immigrant is a person who is awarded a green card under the USCIS unique Immigration program. Special immigrant visas are very similar to employment-based tickets, but it encompasses those not covered in employment-based passes. The US government issues these visas to increase the diversity of the workforce and the productivity of their workers.

  • Green Card through Refugee or Asylum Status

    If a person is granted asylum, he can now have the opportunity to work and live in the United States. They will eventually have the chance to apply for a green card or the lawful permanent residence of the United States. It depends upon the status of the asylee and how long he has been living and working there. Asylum is not a permanent way to live and spend life in the United States there for the Asylees or refugees are encouraged to apply for the asylee green cards.

  • Green Card for Human Trafficking and Crime Victims

    If you have a T nonimmigrant status in the USA, then there is a chance that you can become a permanent lawful resident of the USA. The T immigrant status provides specific benefits to people who help law enforcement agencies investigate and prosecute law enforcement agencies.

  • Green Card for Victims of Abuse

    If you are a victim of domestic violence, then you have the right to stay safe even if you are not a lawful citizen. You do not need to worry that you cannot call the police for help. If you are a survivor of domestic violence, then according to some laws, you can apply for a green card to claim US citizenship and enjoy all the benefits of being a US citizen.

  • Green Card through Other Categories

    There are many other categories of the green card, such as Liberian Refugee Immigration Fairness (LRIF), Cuban Adjustment Act, Section 13 (diplomat), and others. All of them have different laws and different procedures for application. You can visit the official website of USCIS to get more information about them.

Versuch es

Möchten Sie überprüfen, ob Sie die Anforderungen erfüllen? Innerhalb von 24 Stunden erhalten Sie eine E-Mail von uns.